Dental implants are currently the Gold Standard for replacing damaged or missing teeth. They look, feel, and function like your natural teeth and can last for almost an entire lifetime with proper care. The same isn’t true for dentures and bridges. Implants are also highly customized to suit your needs. However, they cost a pretty penny. But don’t let the cost deter you. There are ways of financing your replacement teeth without breaking the bank. For assistance in planning your financing, contact Lovett Dental Northside today at 713-691-5551.
Teeth Replacement with Implants
Tooth restoration with dental implants falls under a specialty branch of dentistry called prosthodontics. The procedure involves surgically placing an artificial tooth root, or implant, into the jawbone to fill the missing tooth’s space. The implant looks like a titanium screw and is used to anchor the replacement crown or bridge.
Types of Dental Implants and Procedures
There are different types of implants and implant procedures and techniques to match your needs. Some are state-of-art and bypass the usual teeth replacement gum healing and osseointegration stages.
- Endosteal: These traditional implants require rebuilding the jawbone before placing the tooth root. It takes about 6 to 9 months to complete the process.
- Subperiosteal: The dentist will place these implants in the gum. They are a better option for patients who do not have enough healthy natural jawbone and cannot go through bone augmentation.
- Same-Day Implants: These allow your periodontist to place a temporary tooth during a single appointment. But you must have enough bone and adequate bone quality and depth.
- All-on-4®: Your dentist will place four temporary implants at once. Your permanent replacement teeth will be fixed in place after the gum tissues heal, and the tooth roots bond bone with the jawbone.
How Much Do Implants Cost?
The average cost of a single tooth is $3000 to $4500, according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). The final price will depend on the type, procedure, techniques, and expertise of the implant specialist.
Ways to Finance Dental Implants
Implants are cosmetic dental treatments, meaning they are not medically required. As such, most insurance providers do not usually cover the cost. Patients typically have to pay out-of-pocket. However, there are other ways of financing implants for a new smile without burning a hole in your pocket. Here are examples of payment plans and credit arrangements:
- Dental Payment Plans: How exciting is it to get a brand new smile and pay later? That’s exactly what these plans allow you to do. Depending on the structure of the plan, you may not even have to make a deposit.
- Dental/Health Credit Cards: Dental financing credit cards, such as Care Credit, can help you pay for your dental implants and other prosthodontics treatments. Many of them let you begin your treatment immediately with no up-front cost and low monthly payments over time. You may even qualify for a no-interest plan if you pay off the balance within a specific time.
- Dental Insurance: The default policy of most dental insurance companies is to not pay for implants. Recently, some are more willing to provide partial coverage. If your provider isn’t financing implants, find out if they will give you an allowance equal to a bridge or dentures cost.
Other ways to afford teeth replacement with implants without having to dig into your life savings include:
- Flexible savings account (FSA)
- Cash-out-refinance on property
- Home equity loan
- Loan against a whole life insurance policy
- Borrowing back equity from your property (reverse mortgage)
Financing Implants at Lovett Dental Northside
The estimated cost of a single replacement tooth is $2,999-$4,000 at Lovett Dental Northside. Our AAID certified and experienced implant specialist can discuss your treatment options and gave you a final cost following a detailed oral evaluation. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can also apply for our low monthly payments and deferred interest payment plans. Call our Northside office at 713-691-5551 to schedule an appointment.