Learning your son or daughter may need braces is often worrisome. Unfortunately, braces for kids are not uncommon, especially when it comes to tooth crowding and overbites. There are many benefits to using them for your child, but it is a big commitment. All parents should be confident that this is the right investment for their child’s needs. At Lovett Dental Northside, we offer both traditional braces and tray aligners as a way to improve smiles. Could they help your child? Find out today by calling Lovett Dental Northside today at 713-691-5551.
Pediatric Braces Boost Confidence
One of the most important benefits of investing in braces for kids is this – it helps to improve confidence. If your child is not smiling as they used to or has been teased at school about their teeth, braces can give them a much-needed boost. It can help them to be more confident in speaking to others. Even snapping selfies is easier to do when you like the way your teeth look. Confidence should be something you consider depending on how significant the problems are with your child’s smile.
Other Benefits of Dental Braces for Kids Relate to Dental Health
Look a bit deeper to see the other benefits of investing in dental braces. Sometimes, it can seem like the only benefit is to improve the way their teeth look. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. Properly aligned teeth tend to be healthier than those that are not. Here are three reasons why this can happen:
- Poorly aligned teeth are at a higher risk for bacteria buildup that damages the gums. Gum disease starts with gingivitis, but some children also suffer from more advanced forms, including periodontal disease. That puts all of their teeth at risk for loss.
- Tooth crowding can lead to complications with tooth decay. When the teeth overlap, they can be nearly impossible to clean properly. That can lead to plaque buildup, which can cause tooth decay. Children with early tooth decay may be brushing every day but cannot do a good enough job to solve these more complicated problems.
- Gaps can lead to bone loss. When there are gaps between the teeth, this can create an increased risk for bacteria to build up. That can lead to complications related to infections. Over time, if not corrected, it can also cause bone loss in the jaw. This requires much more invasive treatment to fix.
The bottom line here is that the investment in braces for kids can help to prevent the onset or worsening of various types of dental disease. That makes them worthwhile in many cases.
Work with Our Team at Lovett Dental Northside
At Lovett Dental Northside, we encourage you to come in for a full consultation as a first step. Our team will answer your questions and offer insight into how braces may help your child. However, we do not encourage braces unless they can offer dental health benefits to them.
Our team strives to improve your child’s overall oral health. For that reason, we often encourage you to seek out supplementary treatment and care from our full-service team if your child needs it. Some of the additional services we offer include:
- General dentistry services
- Cosmetic dental services
- Dental cleanings
- Periodontal disease treatment
- Dental implant services
Making the decision to invest in dental braces for kids is one you should make with a team of professionals. Let us offer insight into what braces could mean for your child. We will not recommend them unless they are a good solution to your child’s teeth alignment needs. To get started, set up a consultation with Lovett Dental Northside by calling 713-691-5551 or connecting with us online.