Is dentophobia in Northside, TX, preventing you from having the smile of your dreams? If so, you aren’t alone. More than 70 percent of adults throughout the world have dental anxiety. The truth is going to the dentist can be unnerving. This is especially true if you aren’t used to going to the dentist on a regular basis. In some instances, the tools and sounds at a dentist’s office can wreak havoc on your nerves. The most common cause of dental anxiety is needles. Many patients aren’t excited about the thought of needles in their mouths. Other causes of dentophobia include drill sounds, sharp objects, x-rays and discomfort. At Lovett Dental, our team cares about your oral health. We have procedures that can help you overcome dental anxiety and enjoy your dental visits.
Signs of Dentophobia
There’s a difference between being nervous before a dental procedure and a phobia. When you’re nervous, you will face the dental procedure even though you’re a little afraid. If you have dentophobia, your fear of the dentist may cause you to avoid the dentist regardless of the future consequences.
Here are a few signs of dentophobia:
- You have anxiety that causes you to cry, shake, sweat or scream.
- You feel nauseous just thinking about going to the dentist.
- Experience panic attacks that keep you from going through with your procedure.
It is important to overcome dentophobia. Avoiding the dentist can cause you to neglect your oral health. Over time, minor problems can develop into major emergency dental issues. Our services that help prevent and treat these problems include:
By taking advantage of modern dental technologies, you no longer have to avoid the dentist. There are plenty of painless dental solutions at Lovett Dental available to you.
Options for Dealing with Dentophobia
It’s natural to be a little nervous when you have a dental appointment. If dental anxiety is causing you to avoid scheduling dental appointments in Northside, TX, you should consider your options.
- Sedation dentistry solutions at Lovett Dental can take the stress out of visiting our dental offices. Your dental sedation options include oral sedation, nitrous oxide, and IV sedation.
- Oral sedation involves the use of prescription drugs. With this option, your dentist will prescribe a pill that reduces anxiety and stress. To experience the pill’s sedation benefits, you’ll have to take the pill an hour before your appointment.
- Nitrous oxide is the formal name for laughing gas. Trained dental professionals administer nitrous oxide at our offices. You’ll have to inhale this gas to experience its benefits.
- For longer or more complex dental procedures, your dentist will administer IV sedation. You’ll be awake during the procedure. However, you won’t feel pain.
Lovett Dental Northside Is Your Solution
Don’t let your fear of the dentist keep you from enjoying a healthy smile. Count on our team of board-certified dentists and specialists in Northside, TX, for pain-free dental solutions. At Lovett Dental, our goal is to make your dental visits as comfortable as possible. With our sedation dentistry in Northside, TX, we have several ways to help you relax.
We offer different forms of specialty care at our dental offices. This includes pediatric dentists, orthodontists, maxillofacial surgeons, endodontists and periodontists. Our dental team performs a variety of procedures. Our services include general dentistry, veneers, children’s dentistry and more. Whether you need a root canal or a simple cleaning, trust Lovett Dental with your oral care. Would you like to learn more about our solutions for dental anxiety? Call Lovett Dental at 832.734.9452, or contact us online to speak with a member of our dental team.